2 April 2020
Changes to our Business Operations – National Lockdown
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we are constantly reviewing the way we serve you. Our priority remains the health and safety of our Colleagues, Clients and Customers that we do business with.
The Government announced a 28-day total lockdown, effective Friday 3 April 2020, to contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Commercial Banks were identified as an “essential service”, and as your financial partner we write to outline our essential banking services that we’ll be offering during this period to allow you to plan accordingly.
Relationship and Branch Managers remain available to assist at any time. Please contact them by email or on their mobile phones. We have attached a contact list for your convenience.
Key summary updates are as follows:
- Our branches in Gaborone (Main Branch, CBD Branch and the Cash Centre) as well as Francistown will remain open throughout the National Lockdown. Mogoditshane branch will be temporarily closed from this Saturday (4 April) onwards to ensure business continuity in the other branches. We further plan to work with skeleton staff to reduce the risk of staff being infected.
- All ATM’s will remain available and will be serviced daily (including the ones in Mogoditshane).
- Our loan centres in Francistown, Gaborone Main Mall and Gaborone CBD will be open, but the ones in Kanye, Mochudi and Palapye will also be closed as a precautionary measure.
- Our digital channels (cards, mobile banking and internet banking) are essential transactional platforms during this period as all face-to-face interactions have been suspended temporarily.
- Relationship Managers remain your key contact for all transactional requirements.
- Whilst we have evoked Business Continuity Management by streamlining remote services where possible, we will continue to provide support to our clients and customer as efficiently as possible.
Digital Channels Available
You can access several services in the safety of your home/office through the use of alternative channels.
- Internet Banking. It only takes a few minutes to sign up for our Internet Banking. If you’re not already registered, visit www.onlinefirstcapitalbank.co.bw to sign up. You’ll be able to check your balance, view statements, and make payments and transfers (local and internationally) from literally anywhere.
- ATMs. Use your VISA debit card on our ATM’s and all other VISA enabled ATM’s to withdraw cash and to check account balances.
- Bank on the First Capital Bank App. Personal customers can bank from anywhere with the First Capital Bank app on your smartphone (Android and iOS). Download the app that works for your device and you’ll get all the tools to ensure a smooth banking experience.
- First Capital Bank Debit Card. Use your First Capital Bank debit card to transact on all Points of Sale (POS) and enabled websites. Please wash your hands with soap or apply hand sanitizers after use of public facilities such as POS terminals. Replacement cards are available at all the open branches should you happen to lose your card or pin during the lockdown period.
Customer Care Centre Details
You are just a dial away from assistance. Please contact us using the below contact information:
Telephone: +267 391 3035
Toll-Free (landlines): 0800 600 145
WhatsApp Line: +267 76 387 211
Facebook: First Capital Bank Botswana
We strive to continue with all Banking services and confirm the following most frequently used ones that will be available:
- RTGS (international and local) transfers inward and outward
- Internal transfer incoming and outgoing
- Local transfers, incoming and outgoing
- Payment of salaries
- Internet Banking transfers
- PIN Reset
- Card replacement
- Account Maintenance, change of signatories/addresses/phone numbers
- Fixed deposit – new, roll-over and closure
- Internet Banking activation and maintenance
- New Internet Banking application request
- Visa Dispute Resolution
- Charge Backs
We will not be able to provide the following during lockdown:
- New Account Opening
- Closure of existing account
It is our aim to strike the right balance between being here for you, whilst at the same time ensuring the safety of our staff. We will continue to channel our efforts towards delivering excellent service to you. The current situation is fluid and we endeavor to update you continuously as we forge ahead together. We care about your safety. Stay safe.
Chief Executive Officer, First Capital Bank